For less than 8,000 lbs. Aircraft
Availability: Usually in stock and ships next day
Compatibility: Most Private and Small Commercial Aircraft up to 8,000 lbs. See Chart
Shipping Time: 1-5 business days domestic and 3-8 business days international
Description: Same great power and moving capacity as the 6-S gas powered unit, but in a QUIET electric model! The EL8-S model AirTug® is extremely easy to use because of its’ unique “Thumb Throttle” system utilizing an electric transaxle with differential and on board Smart Battery Charger. With the electric transaxle, you also have the option for a parking brake if needed. There is no metal to metal contact, no gears to shift and no jerky clutching systems to quickly wear out. Finally, its’ pinpoint handling allows the operator to pivot as tight as desired as a result of the differential transmission. All of these features simply make this QUIET, aircraft tug the best value in the industry!
- Tow Weight: Up to 8,000 lbs.
- Loading System: Winch Strap/Strut Strap with Accessories
- Type of Control: Unique “Thumb Throttle”
- Engine: Electric Motor
- Type of Starter: Electric with recoil back up
- Transmission: Electric Transaxle with Differential
- Includes a parking brake
- Turning Radius: 360 ◦
- Includes Two Batteries and On Board Smart Battery Charger
- Parts Warranty: 1 Year
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee!
- Powder Coated 11 Gauge Heavy Steel Frame
- 16.5" Drive Wheels capable of handling nosewheel weights up to 2000 lbs.
- Fixed Load Platform mounted between Drive Wheels for added traction
- Low Profile unit available for lower axle clearances and 13" Drive Tires (call for more details)
- Product Dimensions: 110" x 35" x 36" Weight: 260 lbs
- Preassembled (Except Handle)
- Skidded for truck shipment (skid 76” x 38” x 27” Weight 300 lbs)
Additional Airport Tug Information
- AIRTUG FAQ’s
- Submit AIRTUG Question
- Watch AIRTUG Video
- AIRTUG® 10-H Brochure
- AIRTUG® 10-H and 10-S Operator Instructions