For less than 8,000 lbs. Aircraft + to lower tail
Air Tug Availability: Usually in stock and ships next day
Compatibility: Most Private and Small Commercial Aircraft up to 8,000 lbs. See Chart
Shipping Time: 1-5 business days domestic and 3-8 business days international
Description: Same great power and moving capacity as the 6-H gas powered unit, but in a QUIET electric model! The EL8-H model AirTug® is the tug of choice for those who need to lower the tail to enter a hangar, and might also need to handle nose-wheel fairing aircraft. The nose-wheel is loaded the same as the Model 10-H, and then it can be raised by a hydraulic jack up as much as needed to a maximum of 7'', thus lowering the tail by approximately double this amount. Additionally, it is easy to use because of its' unique “Throttle Grip Control” system utilizing an electric transaxle. With the electric transaxle, you also have the option for a parking brake if needed. There is no metal to metal contact, no gears to shift and no jerky clutching systems to quickly wear out. Finally, its’ pinpoint handling allows the operator to pivot as tight as desired as a result of the differential transmission. All of these features simply make this QUIET aircraft tug the best in the industry!
- Tow Weight: Up to 8,000 lbs.
- Loading System: Hydraulic Lift Shoe with Winch Strap/ Strut Strap
- Type of Control: Unique “Thumb Throttle”
- Engine: Electric Motor
- Type of Starter: Electric with recoil back up
- Transmission: Electric Transaxle with Differential
- Includes a parking brake
- Turning Radius: 360 ◦
- Includes Two Batteries and On Board Smart Battery
- Parts Warranty: 1 Year
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee!
- 2 Ton Hydraulic Jack for Lift Shoe
- Powder Coated 11 Gauge Heavy Steel Frame
- 16.5” Drive Wheels capable of handling nosewheel weights up to 2000 lbs.
- Product Dimensions: 110" x 35" x 36" Weight: 283 lbs
- Preassembled (Except Handle)
- Skidded for truck shipment (skid 76” x 38” x 27” Weight 323 lbs)
Electric Model EL8-H Aircraft Tug Dimensions
- AIRTUG FAQ’s
- Submit AIRTUG Question
- Watch AIRTUG Video
- AIRTUG® 10-H Brochure
- AIRTUG® 10-H and 10-S Operator Instructions